5.24.2013

Modding & Concept Designs

Something I've been interested in for the last few years are case mods and concept designs for console gaming. I love all kinds of case mods. Cell phone, video game console, and computer are my favorites.

Once, I saw a console mod of a Nintendo 64 (N64) by modder Polvorito from Best Case Senario. This console mod operated as a PC and was equipped with a motherboard that used an AC Adapter as power (pictured below).  I was in heaven.

I am not only a Nintendo Fangirl (excluding the Wii and Wii U systems), but I also had my first taste of gaming playing The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64. So, seeing this mod made me geek out, completely!

Here are two pictures of the finished console.


I have even thought about trying to do this mod myself and acquired an N64 from a friend only to return it. I wasn't ready to butcher such a beautiful console because of my inexperience in modding.

Anyone who knows me well or has sat next to me when I'm on Tumblr, knows that I am constantly looking for inspiration for my next project or post. I am fascinated with concept art, especially of my all-time favorite console, the Gamecube.

Some of my favorite designs are:

Engadget - Never found actual source, sorry!



Gamecube Revolution by Ashen (Mod Retro)

I have so much love for console mods I almost cannot explain it in words. There is probably only one thing I love more than console mods and that is concept designs. I specifically love concept designs/art for consoles and cars.

I have always told myself someday I would learn how these designs were created so I could contribute to the design community, but I haven't researched anything yet. Look forward to me doing that in the future and putting up some bad ass designs for you to check out!

Here are my top concept designs/art:



And with that last picture, I am concluding my post.

Until next time friends, peace, love, and green tea <3

~ Domo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!