11.17.2013

Wellness Journey: October 2013

Hello Friends!

As I've previously posted, I've decided to modify my Fitness Journey posts and turn them into Wellness Journey posts. After some major changes in my life, wellness is something that I can focus on right now.

I didn't stick to my fitness routine at all last month. However, I did manage to lose weight because I altered my eating habits. While I didn't cut any calories, I changed the foods I ate and what I drank. I am officially at 185 pounds as of today. If you've been following along with my Wellness Journey on this blog and just on Facebook in general, you know what my highest adult weight was 211 pounds when I was pregnant with Eli in 2012.

One of the main reasons I haven't been able to exercise is because I injured both knees in September. I have been feeling a lot better mentally since then and managed to get in a quick workout at least once a week, but nothing like the training I was doing before.

I've only been able to do standing calf raises, wall push-ups, and a few dumbbell exercises that are very low-impact, but it's better than nothing. The workouts don't take more than 10 minutes to complete, but leave me feeling exhausted afterwards. I'm hoping that I'll get my energy back in the next few weeks with healthier eating and vitamins.


My Typical Diet

What I've been craving lately are pizza and burritos. I know that eating foods like that will give me heartburn and give me headaches from the high sodium. So, I let myself have pizza twice last month and that was it.

I decided that if I was going to be successful at living a healthier lifestyle, that controlling portion sizes and frequency of non-healthy foods, was going to benefit me more than restricting and then binging.

So far, I've decided to eat at least one to three servings of veggies and two servings of fruit everyday when my appetite permits. (I've had problems with nausea for about three years now since I first had an ulcer at 20.)

That's it for right now. I hope to have more updates and pictures in my next post.

Thanks for stopping by! Please come back next month on November 30th for November's update!


Until next time friends: peace, love, and green tea <3

~ Domo ~
Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!