11.30.2013

Wellness Journey: November 2013

Hello There!

November has been quite an exciting month for me.
I turned 24 and accepted a job offer!
I am very pleased with how November turned out.
Once again, due to injury, I didn't exercise at all. I did eat very clean, though. I bought lots of fresh and frozen fruits and veggies this month. I actually still have a lot of my frozen fruits left over that I can use in December.
This month, I established a bit of  routine. I'd wake up around 0630 (90 minutes before Eli) and eat mango yoghurt with granola and drink a cup of caffeinated tea. During lunch, I would eat a meal that consisted of about 4 - 6 oz of meat (chicken or turkey), a veggie, and a drink. Dinner was just about the same as lunch, but with a starch added, like pasta, rice or potato.

Below is a typical breakfast for Eli:

Mango Yoghurt with Granola and Fresh Raspberries.

Below is a typical lunch for Eli and I:

Left: 1 oz of a Turkey Burger (cut up into Toddler sized portions) with Lettuce and Tomato.
Right: 4 oz Turkey Burger on Split Top Wheat Bread with Miracle Whip, Lettuce, and Tomato.
Even though Thanksgiving tempted me, I still ate clean and although I have not weighed myself, I feel much more energized than last month because I made a goal and stuck to it. I am much more worried about my energy level and how I feel mentally than I am about a number on a scale.
This month, I feel like I won.


Please look for next month's post on New Year's Eve and have a happy holiday season!


Until next time friends!

~ Domonique ~
Facebook | Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!