5.19.2014

Little Eli Guy: Months 24 - 26

Hey Scholars,

Today, Eli is 27 Months-Old. I haven't posted since Eli's birthday back in March, so this post will have my favorite pictures of Eli from the last 3 months.

In the last 3 months Eli:

  • Has taken an interest in music. He loves to play the guitar and sing, play the recorder, and dance to whatever music he hears (even if it's just a commercial or a ringtone on my cellphone).

    Eli plays the guitar before bed


  • Has learned to work various electronics. 
    • Eli can use the VCR. (Yes, we still own a working one. We own two actually. No DVD players in the Thomas home.)
    • Eli can play music on my cellphone.
    • He can call his father (based on the picture associated with the number).
    • He can use the DirecTv remote to play his DVR recordings
    • And, Eli can pause and play various streaming services on the computer by using the spacebar.
  • Has become one with nature
    • Eli love playing outside in the backyard
    • Wants to play in dirt and is interested in plant life
    • Loves going for walks through the neighborhood

      Blowing bubbles with Mommy

  • Has learned more words and the items associated with them
  • Has learned to dress and undress himself
    • Eli can put on/take off his socks and shoes (velcro shoes only)
    • Eli can take off his pants, diapers, and training pants
    • Eli can unzip his jacket/hoodie and take it off
Eli has learned to do quite a bit in the last few months. He hasn't had much structured learning. I like to let him decide what he is interested in doing and then, as long as it isn't dangerous, I encourage him in his actions, comfort him when he fails, and praise him when he succeeds. It has been working very well for us.

Eli has become so much more defiant since his brother, Leo, was born. He is sometimes very hard to deal with and it can be overwhelming, but I am doing my best to make sure Eli feels loved, supported, and included. I hope that his behavior improves in time.

Here are a few more pictures of Eli from the last three months:














Thank you so much for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed all of the pictures that I posted. Come back in August for another update!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!