3.18.2014

Little Eli Guy #6: Months 18 - 23

Hey Scholars,
Today marks the last day of Eli's 2nd year of life and it has been an amazing journey to witness so far. Eli has become his own person and I'm blessed to have been able to watch him grow thus far.

 Some of the highlights of Eli's life the last 6 months have been:
  • Speaking in full sentences
  • Running
  • Recognizing letters and repeating them
  • Interest in playing the guitar (and singing)
  • Interest in reading books
  • Grooming himself (brushing and combing his hair, washing his face and hands, putting on and taking off his clothes, etc.)
  • Potty Training!
Eli has become such smart little boy. He's very tech savvy for a toddler. He can navigate Android interfaces better than even I can. He'll watch you do something and can usually mimic it very closely. I really enjoy watching him go about his day as I work from home.

 Even though Eli has been developing amazingly the past six months, things have not been perfect. Eli had a slight run in with his G6PD a few months ago. It left his legs scarred and his body covered in rashes and hives. We visited the ER and he was given steroids that cleared up his condition within the first 48 hours. Since then, I've been a lot more conscious about what I feed him. No beans whatsoever, I give him as much fresh fruit and veggies as possible, and I read the ingredients on EVERYTHING. I have also limited or completely cut out most soy products and I make a lot of his meals myself instead of buying them prepackaged. Eli has had very little breakouts since I've started following these rules. I'd like to keep it that way.

 Goals I have for the next six months:
  • Document Eli's life more often through writing and pictures
  • Teaching him to count to 10
  • Teach Eli the first 10 letters of the alphabet and have him recognize the letters
  • Let Eli explore nature more often
  • Have Eli play with other children more often

 Picture Time!







Potty Training Time!










~ Until next time friends ~

 ♥ Domonique & Eli ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!