1.01.2014

Goals for 2014

It is 2014 Y’all!

Instead of making New Year's Resolutions that I will never follow through on, I'm going to set S.M.A.R.T. goals. That means setting goals that are: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-based.


Heath, Fitness, and Wellness
Plan at least three meals a week and grocery shop for what I need once a week.
Eat at least two servings of veggies and fruits daily and remember to take supplements.
Continue attending therapy for my Adult ADD so I can re-enroll in college.
Treat myself more kindly by relaxing more often when I have down time and also by journaling.
Maintain a weekly workout schedule and follow through on all fitness related goals.
Remember to log workouts on Fitocracy and meals on MyFitnessPal.

Career & Education
Study for the CPhT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) exam for at least 90 minutes, three times a week.
Take and pass the practice exam twice, then register for the CPhT exam.
Obtain the rank of CPhT and secure a job in the Pharmacy industry.
Re-enroll in college for Fall 2014 and take at least 12 credits.
Study subjects that I will be enrolling in before I enroll by taking advantage of free online courses and podcasts.
Achieve Sophomore Status in college this year by earning at least 29 credits total towards my Associate’s Degree.

Friends & Family
Contact at least one family member daily to rebuild or strengthen relationships.
Make time to see friends and family at least once a month and keep “dates”.

Personal & Parenting
Journal at least twice a week.
Don't use ADD as a crutch. Find ways to succeed and seek out help when needed.
Learn more about meditation and begin to practice it before bed.
Read more parenting books on the Montessori Method and incorporate more activities into our lives (mine and Eli’s).
Practice being more patient with Eli by meditating and walking away when I am frustrated or overwhelmed.
Explain to Eli why I feel a certain emotion towards him or a situation.
Journal about parenting challenges for reference and to find solutions to issues.
Observe Eli often to provide him with guidance to become more independent.
Do not step in unless Eli asks or is doing something harmful to himself or others.
Complete and self-publish at least one of my novels before June.
Focus more on my family, friends, education, health, and career, and less on material items to impress others.

The Lazy Scholar Blog
Grow The Lazy Scholar Blog’s readership.
Interact more in the blogging community by reading more blogs and commenting.
Increase content production to at least two posts a week.
Create varied, exciting content in much better quality than last year.
Plan posts in advance and queue them to go live with Hootsuite.
Master social media to promote the blog and gain an audience.
Purchase a domain name for the blog. (JAN 2014)
Purchase an email address for the domain.
Complete textbook exercises for HTML and CSS by May.
Create a new, custom layout by August or contract it out.
Research EINs and business banking accounts.
Continue to love what I do! (Blogging!)


Well, those are my goals so far this year. As usual, I’m going to break each bullet down into smaller tasks (that can be completed daily, weekly, and monthly depending on the goal) so that each goal can easily be reached and will not become overwhelming.

What are your goals for the year?
Please leave your comments below!


Until next time friends,

♥ Domonique ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!