3.22.2013

Domo's Music Domain #4: Jason Mraz - Mr. A-Z

I've decided to review this album because it's my favorite album from an English speaking artist. Jason Mraz's album, Mr. A-Z, was released in July 2005 and had two singles, "Wordplay" and "Geek in the Pink" with corresponding music videos.

Wordplay




Geek in the Pink



The track listing for this album is:
  1. Life is Wonderful
  2. Wordplay
  3. Geek in the Pink
  4. Did You Get My Message (feat. Rachael Yamagata)
  5. Mr. Curiosity
  6. Clockwatching
  7. Bella Luna
  8. Plane
  9. O. Lover
  10. Please Don't Tell Her
  11. The Forecast
  12. Song for a Friend
When I listen to an album for the first time, I listen to each song at least three times. First for 30 seconds to get a "feel" of the song, second to listen to the song in its entirety, and then thoroughly to analyze the meaning of the lyrics. When that is said and done, I add my favorites to a playlist on my smartphone.

When I first listened to this album I could already tell that I was in love with "Geek in the Pink", "Did You Get My Message?", "Clockwatching", "Bella Luna", "Plane", and "Song for a Friend". The other songs took many more listens for me to warm up to them, but I ultimately love the album, because each track is beautifully composed and showcases Jason Mraz's voice.

Plane (Track 8) is probably my favorite song off of the album because of the lyrics, the emotion in the vocals, and background spoken word. To me, the meaning behind "Plane" seems to be about the stresses that traveling for work has on a relationship and that even if his job ultimately caused him to be taken away from his lover, due to the plane crashing, he would always remember the love they shared.

If you're interested in buying this album, you can find it here on Jason Mraz's Official Website.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this review.

Until next time friends, peace, love, and green tea <3

~ Domo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!