3.07.2013

Little Eli Guy #1: Pulling Up, Falling Over, and Finding Patience

Welcome to the first post in this series!

The layout for this series is as follows:
  • What's Little Eli Guy Doing Now?
  • How Am I Managing This Week?
  • What Are My Plans For Next Week?
I hope that I can keep up with the weekly posts and that something you read amuses or helps you in some way!

What's Little Eli Guy Doing Now?

Eli had physical therapy recently and is learning to tune is fine motor skills (using his hands correctly). He has been making so much progress with his PT and is reaching milestone after milestone in quick succession. This week, he figured out how to walk between the couch and living room tables. He also figured out that if he throws everything on the floor Mommy will pick it up. It's tiring, but rewarding because I was afraid he wouldn't reach any milestones this quickly after being born so prematurely.

And that is what Little Eli Guy is doing now.

How Am I Managing This Week?

Currently, I've been working on having more patience. I've never been a patient person and I find myself having to walk away from situations when I'm frustrated. Something I've been doing to cool down is listening to music or playing The Sims 3. Getting my mind off of the subject makes me less likely to act on my emotions.

I've also been trying to read more often. I hadn't purchased a book that wasn't college-related in 5+ years. With College, Eli, and Adult ADHD in the way, I just didn't have the desire to read anything I wasn't going to be graded on. Now I'm trying to find ways to cope with reading a physical book and failing. I think that in time I will figure this out. I don't like to buy digital books because I don't agree with DRM. It's my book, I should be able to do what I please with it, but that's another story for another day.

What Are My Plans For The Next Week?

Eli has PT again next week and I also have longstanding appointments, so, we will be participating in those. I also plan on taking Eli to a play facility near home so he can play with other kids since he is the only child at home. I hope that I can meet other parents with Preemies and Eli can make a friend near his age developmentally.

I hope you enjoyed a peek into our lives this week. See you next week!

Peace, love, and green tea <3

~ Domo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post!